Location: Hybrid - travel to Northampton
Salary: £150,000 - £175,000 + 20% bonus and car allowance
As the Managing Director for Core brands, you will be responsible for leading this successful and market-leading business through a period of agile transformation and continued growth, as we bring our Core Brands (Staysure, Avanti and Ex-Pat) to even more customers, drive efficiency in serving them and generate value through retaining and rewarding them.
You will be commercially relentless, but good to be around, a broadly knowledgeable generalist that can positively challenge from experience, but is open to new ideas as well as challenge coming the other way.
You will have a digital mindset and be credible to SMEs in the tribe. In addition to ensuring that the Tribe delivers the roadmap and commercial performance, you will support the team in making the right calls across Product, Marketing and Digital, working with the Tribe Leadership and wider ELT to steer the business from a longer-term delivery and strategy perspective.
You will ensure effective management of multiple distribution channels with deep understanding of the commercial levers and balancing commercial toughness with pragmatic and engaged relationship management.
- Maximising growth for the Core brands across all available channels
- Optimising growth and financial performance through close management of the Core Brand P&L/s
- Guiding the Tribe Leadership to deliver an outstanding experience for new and existing customers
- Ensuring that Core Brand marketing channels are managed efficiently, whilst delivering the customer throughput to exceed business objectives
- Acting as the business owner of the Core Brand businesses, a key decision maker both operationally and strategically, as well as an external ambassador for the Core Brands with media, 3rd party service providers and within the wider insurance market place
- Optimising conversion performance and commercial outcomes using the key levers of marketing (volume and efficiency), VTQ and QTS conversion, IPS and returning/renewing customer performance
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the Core Brands, utilising internal and external inputs to ensure that brand, business strategy, products and pricing align to the vision and mission
- Provide excellent leadership to the Core Brand Tribe and other enabling teams, utilising the balanced matrix organisational approach to get the most out of the resources available, whilst making the Tribe an acknowledged centre of excellence within, and outside of, the Group
- Work alongside Group teams (e.g. Rock, Pricing, Insurance Development) to win and effectively manage 3rd
party relationships, such as referral partnerships, underwriters and distribution partnerships
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Great commercial acumen and highly numerate
- General Insurance SME (personal lines, ideally travel insurance)
- Deep knowledge of the dynamics of product comparison, from a customer, PCW and product provider perspective
- Strategic thinker – able to turn vision into strategy and strategy into delivery and growth
- Strong empathetic leader and capable of forging highly effective and motivated teams
- Adept at stakeholder management
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Good knowledge of digital trading and conversion optimisation
- Working in a matrix and/or agile team environment
- P&L management
- Experience working in high paced commercial and challenging trading environments
- Experience of working in, or alongside, digital and marketing teams
- Proven ability to negotiate optimum commercial terms externally, and to win the support of stakeholders and colleagues for internal projects and strategies
- Experience of leading tribes and squads in an agile environment
- Experience of working in international markets with a high degree of complexity
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels and distribution, ideally with agency side experience